Dog leash handle

Discussion in 'How To' started by jul, May 3, 2017.

1. jul

jul New Member

Hey guys,

I'm toying around with making a dog leash out of paracord. I already found instructions online but can't figure out how they did the begining of the handle.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-Dog-Leash/

Do you have any idea how it's done? For me it looks like that one very ling paraord was used, wrapped around the carbine and then somehow used the "Core" to also be the strand to braid around it. Does that make sense?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
    Jul

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. frodo

frodo Moderator

make your loop as shown

DSCN5235.jpg
    start your knot at the junction

DSCN5237.jpg
    tie your knots around the loop

DSCN5238.jpg

DSCN5239.jpg
    when you get back to the junction just keep tieing knots

DSCN5240.jpg

3. jul

jul New Member

Hello Frodo,
    thanks for your help and the pictures. However, I'm planning on making the whole leash out of one single piece of paracord 550, as I hope it will further increase the stability. Do you have any ideas/solutions for that specific problem? I', pretty much stuck on the beginning of the cobra stitch.

Thank you in advance!

Jul

4. bluesoda

bluesoda New Member

Great job Frodo! Thanks for sharing this one.

5. SNAFU

SNAFU New Member

Jul,
    I think Frodo used 2 colors to show it more clearly. Start with your clasp in the center of your long length measure out your wanted length then form your handle. Start your weave at the junction of the handle and lead. Weave around the handle first until you get back to the junction. Weave the length of the leash to the clasp and then go over the whole thing again going around the handle again and finish off at the junction.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Paracord Forum mobile app

6. Alakey

Alakey New Member

Good job, and very well-done "how-to", even want to try myself in making leashes)